Agile Fundamentals for the Workplace
In this course, you’ll master the most important concepts and tools of Agile development, project delivery and the Agile project management methodology.
About this course
This short course, delivered through Skillshare, covers all the basics of Agile project management if you are a beginner and want to focus on learning and applying Agile methodology. You will become Agile certified and receive a certificate upon completion.
Taught by an expert Project Manager with a B.S. in engineering, two MBAs, and is an entrepreneur of 7 startups, this course has received exceptional ratings from thousands of past students.
This project management course itself was developed using Agile principles in under 50 hours. It will go beyond the definition of Agile to activities, concepts, and examples to will help you deliver your projects, products, and apps more quickly. It includes 54 lessons with essentials on Agile and related topics. A few examples:
- How is Agile different and why is it useful?
- The best free tool to manage your Agile projects
- Real-world examples of IT Agile projects and a Kanban Board
- Principles and applications of Jira
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a short course?
With a short course, you’ll typically deep-dive into a specific area of interest within a broader topic.
Short courses are typically between 1 and 12 hours in duration, and in the case of guided courses (i.e. with live instructors), are sometimes spread over a number of days or weeks. Most short courses are self-paced, which means you progress through a series of videos and projects at your own pace.
Depending on the institution and the platform, you may also get a certificate of completion that you can add to your LinkedIn profile.
Is this really 100% online?
This course is completely online, so you can study from anywhere! All you’ll need is a device with an internet connection, such as a computer or a smartphone. If the course has any live, instructor-led sessions, you may need a microphone and possibly a webcam to fully participate. The instructor will make you aware of this beforehand.
What are the benefits of a Skillshare course?
- Wide selection of courses. Skillshare is a community of dedicated professionals and companies across hundreds of disciplines, from illustration to Python programming, so the courses are typically very fresh and relevant.
- See what other students think. Each course page has a reviews section, so you can easily see what previous students think of the course. Make sure you have a look before you start!
- One low fee for unlimited access. For one monthly fee, Skillshare gives you unlimited access to all of its courses. You can take any of their courses at your own pace, in any order that you like.
- Easy referral program. Skillshare offers a referral program where you share a link, and if a friend signs up, you’ll both get a free month.