Pricing Strategy Optimization
Setting the right prices is crucial to business success — but pricing is notoriously tricky. This course will teach you how to price correctly for your market, positioning, and profit margin.
About this course
If your prices are too low, you could miss out on customers’ perceived value and a comfortable profit margin. On the flip side, setting prices too high can push you out of the market or let competitors take the lead. In this course, you’ll learn how to strike a balance — and leverage key pricing techniques in your business.
Taught by global pricing experts from Boston Consulting Group and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, this course presents an overview of core economics theory, audience segmentation, and industry positioning. Whether you’re an entrepreneur eager to launch a successful startup or an executive hoping to boost your profit margin, you’ll find this course a valuable trove of practical knowledge.
What you’ll learn
This course is intended to teach both foundational theory and effective techniques for setting the right prices for your products. You’ll gain a better understanding of business economics, industry effects, and strategic pricing tactics.
- The law of supply and demand and its effect on prices
- Aligning your prices with consumers’ demand and perceived value
- How to position your product with the right prices in a saturated industry
- Techniques for maximizing profits without pricing yourself out of the market
- Predictive modeling for price changes and other decisions
Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for pricing decisions will find value in this course. You do not need an economics or marketing background to sign up. The flexible curriculum will help you understand and leverage the strategic power of pricing. This course is ideal for:
- Entrepreneurs who want to enter the market in a position to thrive
- Business owners looking to expand, pivot, or scale up their offerings
- Executives who need to improve their profit margin and leverage smart pricing tactics
- Marketers who wish to better understand the effects of pricing on customer perception