Social Media Storytelling with Lilly Singh
Join social media storytelling expert, late night host, and YouTube star Lilly Singh for an in-depth class on creating compelling and successful content.
About this course
Join YouTube superstar and late-night host Lilly Singh to discover how you can turn your love of narrative into social media storytelling success!
Videos go viral for a reason: because they capture a truth or tell a story that resonates with viewers. Whether silly or sincere, an authentic story makes you feel seen, feel good, and feel like part of a community.
Social media storytelling is also the engine that’s powered Lilly Singh from posting DIY comedy sketches in the early days of YouTube to today hosting a late-night talk show and connecting with 15M followers (and counting!) around the world.
Now for the first time, Lilly is sharing her process for online storytelling from start to finish, combining creativity, strategy, and inspiration into the ultimate content creation playbook.
From ideating and scripting to shooting and marketing, you’ll learn exactly how a viral video gets made, and gain the tips and tools to create your own, whatever your platform.
What you’ll learn
- Finding your authentic voice, while staying strategic
- Connecting with your audience on a visceral level
- Balancing humor and sincerity as you shoot and edit
- Navigating social media to make creativity your career
Plus, each lesson is packed with real-world examples from Lilly’s own channel, along with her favorite tips and tricks for DIY production (hint: start your wig collection now).
Whether you’re an aspiring YouTuber, TikTok comedian, or Instagram enthusiast who wants to grow your following, this hands-on and hilarious class will give you the tools to make your next video your best one yet.
Discover your voice, carve out your niche, and share your story with the world—one video at a time!
Canva Master Course
Learn how to design 20+ adaptable graphics for your business in Canva, taught by a Canva-certified instructor.
Instagram Marketing 2021: Complete Guide To Instagram Growth
Attract hyper-targeted Instagram followers, convert followers to paying customers, and expand your brand online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a short course?
With a short course, you’ll typically deep-dive into a specific area of interest within a broader topic.
Short courses are typically between 1 and 12 hours in duration, and in the case of guided courses (i.e. with live instructors), are sometimes spread over a number of days or weeks. Most short courses are self-paced, which means you progress through a series of videos and projects at your own pace.
Depending on the institution and the platform, you may also get a certificate of completion that you can add to your LinkedIn profile.
Is this really 100% online?
This course is completely online, so you can study from anywhere! All you’ll need is a device with an internet connection, such as a computer or a smartphone. If the course has any live, instructor-led sessions, you may need a microphone and possibly a webcam to fully participate. The instructor will make you aware of this beforehand.
What are the benefits of a Skillshare course?
- Wide selection of courses. Skillshare is a community of dedicated professionals and companies across hundreds of disciplines, from illustration to Python programming, so the courses are typically very fresh and relevant.
- See what other students think. Each course page has a reviews section, so you can easily see what previous students think of the course. Make sure you have a look before you start!
- One low fee for unlimited access. For one monthly fee, Skillshare gives you unlimited access to all of its courses. You can take any of their courses at your own pace, in any order that you like.
- Easy referral program. Skillshare offers a referral program where you share a link, and if a friend signs up, you’ll both get a free month.